MSD zoekt Technical advisor swine
MSD Animal Health Belgium/Luxembourg is a subsidiary of MSD Animal Health. We are a multinational, worldwide ranked at the 2nd place for research, development and commercialization of veterinary pharmaceutical products. We are represented in 140 countries and about 3000 people are employed in the Veterinary Department. MSD Animal Health is part of MSD, the second largest pharmaceutical company in the world. The Belgian subsidiary is located in Woluwé (Brussels) where about 40 people are employed. The function of Technical Advisor Swine is a full‐time job embedded in the Business Unit Poultry and Swine.
The job of Technical Advisor Swine mainly consist of technical support of veterinary practices with tailor made solutions for complex respiratory, intestinal and reproductive disorders in swine production as well as support in the field of dynamic immunity disorders, food safety and farm management. Tools to achieve this objective are technical assistance by standard services based on well defined pathogen‐specific analyses and monitoring of farm health status as well as technical support when needed in case of farm specific health issues. The Technical advisor Swine works in close coordination with other functions in the Swine Team as there are Key Account Managers, Farm Consultants and Marketeer. The function reports directly to the Technical & Marketing manager swine and will have to be a credible and trustworthily contact for specialized swine veterinarians and their business partners. Furthermore, there should be a balance between practical knowledge gathered from the field and scientific knowledge from desk work, eventually membership of Global Extended Swine Team or scientific organizations or institutes to continously add solid technical and practical value to the Swine Team and the
- Being first point of contact in technical support of veterinary practices with tailor made solutions for complex respiratory , intestinal and reproductive disorders in swine production as well as support in the field of dynamic immunity disorders , food safety and farm management, mainly in Flanders region.
- Support Pharmacovigilance and provide support to customers on this regard.
- Partner with the swine team for technical input in development of services and audit tools as well as in the development of systems for automatic processing of data collected from analyses in the field as thereis ResPig audit and different checks.
- Active knowledge of procedures and principles prescribed by the company and by the Belgian legislation and their application in communications towards customers.
- Accurate use of our customer database (CRM)
- Participation in relevant trainings / courses or congresses.
- Technical education of the Swine Team on a regular base as well as presentations for different stakeholders in swine production chain.
- When required, monitor or lead any potential local medical or research studies.
- Publicity: control of technical information
- Write/publish scientific articles for the local press or ‘Tips & Tricks’.
- Actively work/publish peer recognized publications in order to establish MSD AH as leading scientific and service‐based company in the Swine segment.
Background & Experience
Veterinarian with at least 5 years of practical expierence in Swine or PhD in veterinarion medicine.
Strong work Ethic, effective communication skills, Time management Abilities (organized), Problem -solving skills, critical thinking, acting as a team player, flexibility, Decisiveness, attention to detail, Responsible.
Please send your resume to email@example.com